Welcome to our Hort Happenings News Page!
Here you’ll find updates about what has been happening in our unit, talks and outreach events we’ve participated in, and you can read about the research we’ve done!
We are working to improve communication with our community, so we have begun creating flyers to share information about some of the cool things we do! You will be able to find the flyers here.
Our most recent flyers are at the top and the previous follows chronologically downward.
We want you to be up-to-date with all the fun things that have been happening in our unit! Feel free to reach out to us for more information.
IN SEARCH OF (ISO): Postdoctoral Scholar(s)
Know someone or you are someone who is looking for a postdoctoral research position then check out or position below!
Some of the students who play a vital role in our unit our graduating, and we just want to honor them and say… (flyer attached)
Nik Grünwald aided in the success of developing a highly detailed genetic tracking method of Agrobacterium! Read all about it here!
April 12, 2020 – ARSX Finalists!
Congratulations to our ARSX Finalists Man-yeon Choi, Nik Grünwald and Jana Lee!
Learn more about ARSX here!
Research Talks & Outreach
Learning is a continuous part of life and we strive to teach and learn with others- here you can find when our research talks and outreach events are happening or recent ones we have partook in.
We will provide links below as we are able to, thank you for your understanding!
May 1, 2020 – 2020 BPP Graduate Student Spring Research Symposium
Congratulations to Gabe Sacher and Alex Wong for both receiving the Best Student Talk Award at the 2020 BPP Graduate Student Spring Research Symposium.
Gabe presented his research proposal entitled “Phytophthora root rot and boxwood blight: Addressing two important diseases of the broadleaf evergreen nursery industry”.
Alex presented his research proposal entitled “Improving characterization and integrative pest management practices to mitigate fungicide resistance in grape powdery mildew and botrytis”.
Both of their talks, as well as the other graduate student research presentations, can be viewed at the following links from the Botany Plant Pathology YouTube channel:
- Russell Gould: https://youtu.be/Pur87tHifk4
- Michelle Soule: https://youtu.be/0GY6Jp8xoM8
- Gabe Sacher: https://youtu.be/eP5CzXPHq0c
- Sabrina Heitmann: https://youtu.be/AnUs8PIvUTc
- Ishika Kumbhakar: https://youtu.be/V05NU0wb1Ms
- Alex Wong: https://youtu.be/JVAPirqyt2s
- Ian Trautman: https://youtu.be/M43szxf_B1c
- Zach Bright: https://youtu.be/NrY2WyGBLHw
- Cameron Ross: https://youtu.be/tXWr7eUX6iE
- Adrienne Kovasi: https://youtu.be/ywsxE-xQgLU
May 1, 2020 – 2nd Annual Graduate Student Celebration
Congratulations to our Botany & Plant Pathology graduate students on a great job presenting their research proposals at the 2nd Annual Graduate Student Celebration!
- Michelle Soule presents her proposal to develop a quantitative molecular assay for root knot nematode identification
- Gabe Sacher presents his proposal on learning more about important diseases of nursery crops
- Alex Wong presents his proposal on integrated pest management of diseases in grapes
April 16, 2020 – Walt Mahaffee’s seminar “Rollers, Wakes, and Vortices- oh my! Turbulent transport of particles in sparse canopies” as part of the OSU Botany and Plant Pathology spring seminar series
You’ll be able to find all of our recent publications easily and in one spot- right here!
Earlier in 2020
Follow Our News
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.